Google Analytics is the best and the most popular digital analytics software in the world. Here are 10 good reasons why you should prefer Google Analytics over other similar applications.
IT giants like Google, IBM, and Adobe have developed their own digital analytics applications. Moz Pro, Piwik and KISSmetrics are website analytics applications that are also getting noticed by many of users. Which one should you choose?
Our pick is Google Analytics. Before we tell you why we choose Google Analytics for ourselves and our clients, let's first answer one important question.
Why Is Digital Analytics Important for Your Business at All?
Digital Analytics is a set of measurements that help you understand your website performance. As a business owner or a marketer you want to see what visitors are doing on your site, how they interact with it, and how to help them accomplish their tasks.
With this information you will be able to increase your sales and maximize your marketing efforts by focusing on the most profitable marketing channels.
Why Choose Google Analytics as Your Website Analytics Software?
10 reasons to use Google Analytics as your digital analytics software
- It’s easy to use. The product does get regular updates, but its basic structure has remained the same for almost a decade. The initial configuration of Google Analytics does require a specialist, new users can easily grasp the basic principles of Google Analytics, such as goals, funnels, conversions, visits, sources.
- It’s essential to understanding where your customers are coming from. With Google Analytics you will be able to better understand your visitors, their behavior, and their preferences.
- Customizable reports. You can choose one of the many reports that Google creates, or even build your own with easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
- Insights into visitors.There is a huge amount of data about visitors available to you in Google Analytics. This data can, for example, help you determine which advertising campaign is performing well, and which one you’re wasting money on.
- Real-time visitor tracking. You can see who is visiting your website in real time. This means that you will know how many active users are on your site right now, which pages they’re looking at, and what they are doing any time of the day.
- Automated data collection. Once you set up your account and copy a simple piece of code on your site, Google Analytics will start collecting the data automatically. You can access your reports immediately. There is no action required on your part to get the data: Google Analytics does all the work.
- Integration with other tools. Use Google Analytics with all your devices and easily implement data from Google Analytics to other well known Google products, such as Google Adwords (Google’s main advertising network) and Google Search Console.
- Extensive help documentation is available online. - Even if you’re first-time Google Analytics user, Google documentation can get you started quickly. Don’t like reading? There are free video tutorials that explain how to use Google Analytics.
- Great Google community. As the world’s most popular analytics software, Google Analytics has a great community of fellow marketers who are willing to help you with any problem you come across.
- It’s free. Google does not charge you anything for using it.
10 Essential Google Analytics Reports And How They Matter to B2B Executives
See what you can do with Google Analytics (19 slides, presentation):
Already Have Google Analytics, But Need Help With It?
Check out our Professional Google Analytics Audit and Advanced Configuration Service.
It's great if you're already using Google Analytics, but something in its configuration is not quite right, such as:
- you're losing conversions
- you can't see conversions
- you don't know which AdWords keywords result in conversions
Our specialists will review your Google Analytics configuration, audit its settings, and fix your installation so that you get accurate data.
Don't Have Google Analytics Yet?
You can follow the official Google Analytics Help page for getting started with Google Analytics.
Or, you could hire us to do everything for you. Our professionally designed Digital Analytics configuration service includes:
- Google Analytics application setup and integration
- Google Tag Manager setup and integration
- Configuring at least one goal
- Configuring at least one user interaction
- Configuring a custom B2B dashboard